Rest stops are the trucker’s oasis, providing drivers with a chance to relax and get out of the truck seat and walk around before getting back on the highway. While many rest stops are pretty spare and ordinary, others are scenic and sought out by travelers on America’s highways.
When driving your next long haul, check out these rest stops if you’re in the neighborhood:
- The Iowa 80 – Touted as the world’s largest truck stop, the Iowa 80 is located in Walcott, Iowa, just off of I-80. The stop is 100,000 square feet and is visited by more than 5,000 people per day. It offers plenty of fast food options, as well as entertainment options and a trucking museum.
- Tamarack – This truck stop appeals to drivers with a desire to see a little culture. In addition to the standard eating and tourist information options, the Tamarack also hosts a live theater and a fine arts gallery. The Tamarack is located in Beckley, West Virginia, just off I-77 and I-64, and sees about half a million visitors each year
- Trail’s Travel Center – If you’re on I-35 near Albert Lea, Minnesota, do yourself a favor and visit Trail’s Travel Center. The rest stop has great food options, a movie theater, and much more. If you’re staying the night, there’s a well-regarded tavern there.
- Little America – Probably one of the most attractive rest stops in the nation, Little America is located off Exit 198 on I-40 in Flagstaff, Arizona. The rest stop has spacious grounds, a hotel, a golf course, a swimming pool, and much more. The gas station and convenience store are open 24/7 and are fully stocked with everything you need. The Little America Grill also has some of the best road fare that you’ll encounter on your travels.
- Sapp Bros. Fuel & Food – Sapp Bros. have 16 travel centers along I-80 between Pennsylvania and Utah. The centers are great road stops, with six of them offering delicious treats from their Apple Barrel restaurants. If you get stuck on the highway, nearby Sapp Bros. rest stops offer 24/7 roadside service.
Suburban Seating & Safety is a family-owned aftermarket auto seats and truck accessories company. In business since 1947, Suburban Seating & Safety has built a reputation for offering a wide selection of accessories from top manufacturers and ensuring clients’ specific needs are met. To learn more, call 1-844-SAS-SEAT.