There are some key differences between driving a truck to earn a living and a professional truck driver. So, what sets a professional apart from the sea of trucks and truck drivers on the roads these days? It is all about their attitude and how they represent themselves.
To find out what kind of truck driver you are, ask yourself the following:
1. Do you care about other truckers and motorists on the road? Taking the time to practice defensive driving habits, obeying traffic laws, and just showing some courtesy toward other drivers is what sets a professional apart from a regular driver.
2. Do you take the time to get to know other truck drivers? Professional drivers spend time getting to know one another. When they see each other, it is like seeing a friend or family member you haven’t seen in months.
3. Do you try to offer help when you see a trucker stranded on the side of the road? It can be difficult to stop and offer help with the tight schedules these days. However, that doesn’t mean you cannot get on the CB to see if they are all right and if they need help.
4. Do you dress to impress? Dressing professionally when making deliveries or picking up loads is another thing that sets professional drivers apart from regular drivers. After all, you are making an impression with businesses that could lead to future loads.
5. Do you show respect for fellow truckers? Whether you are a veteran driver or just starting out, showing respect is just part of being a professional driver, even when you may not agree with other truckers’ opinions.
6. Do you take care of your truck? Professional drivers take the time to keep their trucks clean inside and out since this is also part of making a good first impression when making deliveries or picking up a load.
If you answered yes to these questions, then you can pat yourself on the back for being a professional truck driver. If you only answered yes to some of the questions, good job. You are on your way to becoming a professional driver.
To find truck mattresses, truck accessories, and truck seats for sale easily, shop online at Suburban Seating & Safety today! Please feel free to contact us at 844-727-7328 if you have questions or need assistance.