For trucks and heavy equipment that may be operating in off-road conditions, such as construction sites, having the right seating is important. Going off-road in a vehicle with seats designed for the highway isn’t going to be a comfortable driving experience.
When purchasing off-highway seats for your truck or another piece of heavy equipment, keep these tips in mind to make sure you get the right seat:
- Make sure it’s an actual off-highway seat – Some seats that are better suited for the highway are marketed as off-highway. Make sure the seat that you’re considering spending your hard-earned money on can deliver on its promises.
- Find out what kind of suspension system it has – Off-highway seats typically have air or mechanical suspension. Each variety has its advantages and disadvantages. Ask other drivers and operators about what they prefer and come to your own conclusions before choosing an off-highway seat that fits your needs.
- Make sure it has plenty of lower back support – Lumbar support is important in any truck seat, but it’s especially important in off-highway seats. Talk to a sales rep and make sure that the seat you’re considering will help you mitigate the impacts of off-road bumps and jolts.
- Read product reviews – Before purchasing any seat, be sure to Google it and read any relevant product reviews. Learning what other people have to say about a product will help you determine whether it’s right for your needs.
- Talk to other truckers and vehicle operators – There’s no experience for real-world, on-the-job experience. Find out what other folks doing jobs similar to yours are doing to ensure they are comfortable and safe when operating off-road.
By exercising due diligence, you can find the seat that’s best for your needs. Good seats can go a long way toward heading off health problems related to low back pain that many truckers and vehicle operators develop over their careers.
Suburban Seating & Safety carries a wide range of truck seats, including custom truck seats and off-road seats. To find the seat that best suits your needs, shop Suburban Seating & Safety today.