Driving a semi-truck is a great way to earn a living. Yet, many truck drivers do not fully tap into their true earnings potential to maximize their incomes. There are several things you can do that can boost how much you earn and save—like using these great tips!
1. Don’t Overlook These Money-Saving Tips for Truckers
Tapping into money-saving tips for truckers can reduce your expenses and boost your income, such as:
- Ask for Truck Driver Discounts – Many places will give you a discount because you are a truck driver.
- Shop Sales – Shop sales, closeouts, “buy one get one free,” and other deals to save money on food, items for your truck, and more.
- Prepare More Meals – It costs less to prepare meals in your truck than to dine out or get food to go.
- Adjust Your Smartphone Plan – With so many free Wi-Fi spots these days, you might be able to drop to a lower plan and save a little money.
- Use a Cash-Back Rewards Card – When making purchases, use a cash-back rewards credit card. The rewards will quickly start to add up. Just make sure to pay off your balance each month to avoid finance charges.
2. Review Bonuses Offered by Your Employer
If you drive for a trucking company, take the time to find out what bonuses they offer that can increase your income. For example, some companies have referral bonuses, training bonuses, safe driver bonuses, and so on.
3. Inspect Your Cargo and Bill of Lading
The last thing you want is to show up to make a delivery and not have the right cargo, a shortage or overage, or damaged cargo. By inspecting your cargo before leaving and confirming what is on the bill of lading, you won’t get stuck waiting around while things are sorted out.
4. Use Your GPS to Maximize the Best Routes
Some routes might be shorter but take longer, and others may be longer but have shorter driving times. Take the time to plan the best route to get you there the fastest, so you don’t waste extra time you could be spending hauling another load.
5. Maximize Your Allowed Hours
Unless you are feeling tired and sluggish, you should try to maximize the allowed driving hours each day you are on the road. The more time you spend driving, the more money you will make.
By using these tips, you are sure to notice an increase in your income. If you are looking for semi-truck seats, custom truck seats, truck mattresses, and other items for your truck, please feel free to browse online at Suburban Seating & Safety or call us at 844-727-7328 for further assistance today!